Deadline: November 30th, midnight HOL time
Please send your homework to email@example.com. In the subject line, put “Norse Myths – HW3 – your HOL ID” (for me that would be “Norse Myths – HW3 – pr_rch”). Remember to include your HOL name, ID and House in the main body of your e-mail. Don’t send attachments – they will not be opened!
Pick and choose from the following tasks. The first 30 points worth you hand in will be counted as Homework, the rest will be counted as Extra Credit, with a total maximum of 60 points for this month’s assignment.
Short Answers (2 points each – total 10 points)
1. What animals pull Thor’s chariot?
2. What are the names of Thor’s two servants?
3. How many people competed against Utgard-Loki and his contestants?
4. What did Utgard-Loki call himself when he guided Thor and his companions?
5. Why didn’t Utgard-Loki play fair?
Fill in the Blank (1 point each – total 10 points)
1. On one of his journeys Thor travelled in the disguise of a _________, and one evening he arrived at the house of the giant _____.
2. Thor went into the forest and got the ____ of Hymir’s best __ for bait.
3. Before long, the _______________ took the bait and Thor struggled so much to catch it that his ____ went through the bottom of the boat and he ended up standing on the sea floor.
4. But Hymir was so scared of the _____________, that right when Thor was about to hit it with his ______, Hymir cut the fishline and the serpent escaped into the depths of the sea.
5. Ever since that day, Thor and the _____________ were ______________.
Class Discussion (10 points)
Go to the Class Discussion area and join this month’s discussion! The topic for November is Thor. What do you think about him? Did you research him after reading this month’s lesson? What do you think of all his fighting the giants and competing all the time?
Jigsaw (10 points)
Solve the jigsaw puzzle below, take a screen cap of your solution, upload the image to an image hosting website and send me the link.
Maze (10 points)
Thor is often travelling to find giants to fight. Find your way through the maze to the giant in the middle. Upload the solution to an image hosting website and send me the link.
Word Scramble (1 point each – total 15 points)
Unscramble the following words. All words can be found in this month’s lesson.
Art (15 points)
Draw, paint or create a graphic of one of the myths retold in this month’s lesson. Upload your image to an image hosting site and send me the link.
Short Research (5 points)
Research Thor! I would like you to tell me:
where he lives
3-5 of his family members
2-3 animals or items he’s associated with
one or two special skills or godly tasks
Research Another Myth (15 points)
Please research and tell me how Thor came into owning his hammer Mjolnir. Remember to include links to your sources. Minus 1 point if links to sources are missing.